Entry level accountant responsible for day to day accounting functions for the 120+ properties managed.
- Journal entry preparation and entry
- Reconcile cash/ bank accounts
- Record and check mortgage schedules
- Prepare escrow schedules
- Prepare construction loan requests and work with outside lenders on funding questions
- Set up new codes/accounts in MRI/BudgetTrak
- Maintain and process real estate tax bills
- Prepare investment schedule and record transactions
- Prepare and coordinate year end tax workpapers for outside accountants
- Maintain petty cash for the office
- Prepare and send out personal property returns
Roles and Responsibilities:
Interacts with others in accounting department
Responsible for assisting others within the company with any day to day accounting requests/questions
- Accounting Degree
- MRI and BudgetTrak knowledge is a plus
- CPA – not required, but would be considered a positive
Vice President, Leasing
This is a support position for the leasing department. The person in this position prepares documents required in the leasing process, including; proposals, leases, amendments, and renewal letters. Also responsible for maintaining company listings on Costar.
- Write proposals, letters, leases and general correspondence
- Coordinate lease process with Property Management and Interior Construction Department.
- Process and keep log of real estate commissions
- Process and review leases
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position supports the leasing representatives and prepares written documents associated with the leasing process. Maintains company information in Costar Program.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs
- Bachelors Degree
Senior VP of Property Management and Executive Assistant
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for assisting tenants with property management and maintenance requests.
- Receive and dispatch maintenance requests from tenants to Maintenance Technicians
- Coordinate service of outside vendors when necessary, and follow up with tenants to ensure repairs are completed to their satisfaction
- Bill tenants for service request and other miscellaneous billings
Roles and Responsibilities:
This Maintenance Coordinator has the role of assisting tenants with any property management needs. This role has the ability to work with all employees in the company.
- 4 year degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including word and excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service background preferred
- Detailed oriented
- Well organized
- Self starter
Senior VP of Property Management
The PM works with St. John Properties personnel, tenants, contractors, vendors and the general public to manage his/her property portfolio. The PM is on call 7 days a week and 365 days a year to respond to emergencies. The PM must to be very familiar with the tenants, the building and know what the Landlord and tenant lease requirements are to enforce those requirements. The PM’s number one priority is to build value in the building by exercising the following duties:
Revenue and Expenses
Work with and monitor the work of the Lease Administrators to ensure that the Lease Administrators bill tenants correctly for CAM, taxes, insurance and other services provided, collect all rents due from tenants and enforce all lease requirements.
Work with Lease Administrators to monitor tenant payments. Continually negotiate, bid and supervise all service contracts for the properties to ensure that we are receiving the best possible service at the most competitive market price at the highest quality. Follow and exercise scheduled budget expenses.
Review and approve all invoices and purchase orders. Administer prompt payment to vendors or contractors for products or services rendered. Research all problem invoices to provide an expeditious solution. Research all utility invoices and spread sheets for problems, trends and accuracy.
Identify, evaluate and implement capital and operating projects for the properties as they are planned. Solicit specifications and proposals for minor and major improvements based on the budget schedule. Recommend and implement improvements to increase value by reducing expenses and or increasing income.
Perform semi-annual building evaluations for each building and work with the Senior Vice President of Property Management to review problems and opportunities and to improve the property’s value. Each building evaluation will be set on a schedule for completion and periodic review.
Conduct housekeeping, safety, security and night inspections on a monthly basis to ensure the properties and buildings are well lit , clean, and safe for the tenants and general public.
As needed fill out incident reports and insurance claim reports to be filed with the Firm Administrator and submitted to the insurance adjuster.
Inspect all vacant spaces on a weekly basis. Spaces must be clean and present an excellent first impression to prospective tenants.
Tenant Retention and Satisfaction
Make regular visits to all tenants to address any problems and build good relations with tenants at all buildings. The PM will visit all tenants at least 2 times per year; 1 time between January 1 and June 30 and one time between July 1 and December 31, as part of the retention program. As needed tenant problems or complaints will be brought to the attention of the Senior Vice President of Property Management. Visit all new tenants or existing tenants who renew, within one week of their move in date.
Respond to all tenant problems or complaints within one (1) hour of call and no later than three (3) hours of call or contact.
Be aware of tenant maintenance calls made to Tenant Maintenance Coordinators.
Within 48 hours of the tenant vacating, inspect all vacant spaces, fill out a vacancy report and commence preparation of space(s) for leasing.
Work harmoniously with Lease Administrators and Tenant Maintenance Coordinators to be aware of all maintenance, financial and tenant issues.
Send out correspondence as needed to confirm and follow up on actions as well as memos to tenants in various buildings to communicate information on a regular basis.
Prepare and submit annual expense budgets each Fall by calling all service contractors and soliciting prices by October 31, of each year for the coming year. Additionally, the PM will solicit 3 bids from all service contractors that have indicated they will increase their rate for the next year.
Review and fully understand each property’s expenditures each month and operate each property within the budget. Discuss budget variances with the Senior Vice President of Property Management on a quarterly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Property Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of their portfolio. This role requires the ability to work with all employees within St. John Properties.
- 3-5 years experience in commercial real estate management preferred
- BA/BS degree required; Accounting experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience in MRI preferred
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and continual attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
This individual reports to the Director, Development
This position entails administrative support of the Vice President, Development and members of the development team. The objective of the position is to assist in moving land development projects through the site approval process, obtain construction permits, and assist the Vice President, Development in responding to interdepartmental requests related to land use, land development, zoning and building code issues.
- Apply for and secure permits
- Aid in coordination and processing of development plans, construction documents, development agreements, and related materials
- Track projects as they move through the development review and approval process
- Maintain permits and securities database, prepare monthly expiration reports, and follow up with development and construction team members to ensure that approvals do not lapse
- Correspond regularly , as directed by the Vice President, Development, with the development team, including in-house members and consultants to insure team coordination
- Receive, distribute and maintain records of all development paperwork and design materials, and insure that records are current at all times
- Review and recommend approval of miscellaneous development invoices
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of weekly status briefings to senior management
- Occasionally organize and attend public forums, some of which are after-hours
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is an administrative position with associated entry level management responsibilities which has the primary function of supporting the Vice President, Development and members of the development team as they seek to obtain approvals of land development projects. The roles and responsibilities of the position include:
- Development plan and building permit coordination including preparing and filing development plan and building permit applications and tracking of the same
- Filing, organization, and upkeep of project files including electronic and paper files with the primary objective of insuring that project files are continuously current
- Administrative support for the Vice President, Development
- General support for interdepartmental needs pertaining to construction plans, land development, land use, zoning, and building code issues
Bachelor of science or bachelor of arts degree with a minimum of 5 years experience processing, coordinating and tracking applications for land development projects, with corresponding administrative experience. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must demonstrate the ability to work both within a team and independently on assigned tasks, including unsupervised work off-premises. Due to the public nature of the development process, the position requires diplomacy and discretion. Individual must be able to operate basic office equipment such as a computer, scanner, copier, cellular telephone, etc., be a proficient typist and demonstrate good organizational skills. Must posses a driver’s license. Work duties will take place on and off premises including office and field settings and includes some heavy lifting and transporting of various materials.
To apply for the above positions:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax your cover letter and resume to: 410-369-1880
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
St. John Properties
2560 Lord Baltimore Drive
Baltimore, MD 21244