Assistant Controller with oversight by Accounts Payable Specialist for the day to day a/p duties.
Accounting Assistant will assist the Accounts Payable Specialist with all aspects of the accounts payable process and provide administrative support to the accounting department.
Essential duties include:
- Assist with the entry of accounts payable invoices from all locations and departments
- Verify the approval and coding on all invoices and check requests prior to entry
- Process checks, match invoices with register and ensure all are sent to the appropriate vendor or office.
- Prepare manual checks and coordinate signing of checks with authorized signers.
- Maintain accounts payable files and ensure vendor information is accurate, including federal id number.
- Field vendor inquiries regarding payments or balances and research any discrepancies.
- Assist Accounting with the matching of invoices and the submission of monthly draws.
- Assist with the weekly upload of timesheet information.
- Make post office or bank runs as needed.
- Assist with any and all ad-hoc projects.
- 4 year degree in a business related field.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills to interact with all internal employees and outside vendors.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Regular attendance onsite is an essential function of the job.
Senior VP of Property Management
The PM works with St. John Properties personnel, tenants, contractors, vendors and the general public to manage his/her property portfolio. The PM is on call 7 days a week and 365 days a year to respond to emergencies. The PM must be very familiar with the tenants, the building and know what the Landlord and tenant lease requirements are to enforce those requirements. The PM’s number one priority is to build value in the building by exercising the following duties:
Revenue and Expenses
Work with and monitor the work of the Lease Administrators to ensure that the Lease Administrators bill tenants correctly for CAM, taxes, insurance and other services provided, collect all rents due from tenants and enforce all lease requirements.
Work with Lease Administrators to monitor tenant payments. Continually negotiate, bid and supervise all service contracts for the properties to ensure that we are receiving the best possible service at the most competitive market price at the highest quality. Follow and exercise scheduled budget expenses.
Review and approve all invoices and purchase orders. Administer prompt payment to vendors or contractors for products or services rendered. Research all problem invoices to provide an expeditious solution. Research all utility invoices and spread sheets for problems, trends and accuracy.
Identify, evaluate and implement capital and operating projects for the properties as they are planned. Solicit specifications and proposals for minor and major improvements based on the budget schedule. Recommend and implement improvements to increase value by reducing expenses and or increasing income.
Perform semi-annual building evaluations for each building and work with the Senior Vice President of Property Management to review problems and opportunities and to improve the property’s value. Each building evaluation will be set on a schedule for completion and periodic review.
Conduct housekeeping, safety, security and night inspections on a monthly basis to ensure the properties and buildings are well lit , clean, and safe for the tenants and general public. As needed fill out incident reports and insurance claim reports to be filed with the Firm Administrator and submitted to the insurance adjuster.
Inspect all vacant spaces on a weekly basis. Spaces must be clean and present an excellent first impression to prospective tenants.
Tenant Retention and Satisfaction
Make regular visits to all tenants to address any problems and build good relations with tenants at all buildings. The PM will visit all tenants at least 2 times per year; 1 time between January 1 and June 30 and one time between July 1 and December 31, as part of the retention program. As needed tenant problems or complaints will be brought to the attention of the Senior Vice President of Property Management. Visit all new tenants or existing tenants who renew, within one week of their move in date. Visit all expiring tenants 6 months prior to expiration to understand and address any open issues prior to renewal discussions.
Respond to all tenant problems or complaints within one (1) hour of call and no later than three (3) hours of call or contact.
Be aware of tenant maintenance calls made to Tenant Maintenance Coordinators.
Within 48 hours of the tenant vacating, inspect all vacant spaces, fill out a vacancy report and commence preparation of space(s) for leasing.
Work harmoniously with Lease Administrators and Tenant Maintenance Coordinators to be aware of all maintenance, financial and tenant issues.
Send out correspondence as needed to confirm and follow up on actions as well as memos to tenants in various buildings to communicate information on a regular basis.
Meet biweekly with Lease Administrators to review AR aging reports.
Prepare and submit annual expense budgets each Fall by calling all service contractors and soliciting prices by October 31, of each year for the coming year. Additionally, the PM will solicit 3 bids from all service contractors that have indicated they will increase their rate for the next year.
Review and fully understand each property’s expenditures each month and operate each property within the budget. Discuss budget variances with the Senior Vice President of Property Management on a quarterly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Property Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of their portfolio. This role requires the ability to work with all employees within St. John Properties.
- 3-5 years experience in commercial real estate management preferred
- BA/BS degree required; Accounting experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience in MRI preferred
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and continual attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job
To apply for the above positions:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or Fax your cover letter and resume to: 410-369-1880
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
St. John Properties
2560 Lord Baltimore Drive
Baltimore, MD 21244