Director of Construction (Frederick Office)
This position requires a proactive leader to provide management oversight for all phases of the tenant improvement process and base building construction.
Essential duties include:
- Oversee all aspects of tenant improvements (Landlord as General Contractor) including: estimating; designing; value engineering; bidding; permitting; scheduling; managing of construction field staff; securing certificates of occupancy; turnover; and warranty work. TI includes construction from shell condition and creative repurposing of existing buildouts
- Provide superior customer service to prospective and existing tenants and in-house departments (leasing and property management)
- Provide fee-based TI services to tenants and outside customers (third-party construction opportunity)
Base Building Construction
- Oversee all aspects of base building construction (Landlord as General Contractor) including: estimating; design; value engineering; bidding; permitting; scheduling; managing subcontractors, labor, materials, equipment; management of construction field staff; securing certificates of occupancy; turnover; warranty work; LEED® certification; and bond releasing. Base building construction includes site work, shell construction, signage, landscape, etc.
- Coordinate with Regional Partner for entitling properties including: planning; due diligence and site analysis (geotech, topography, environmental, utilities, use, entitlement process, wetlands, SWM, flood plain, FRO, etc.); road access; master planning; zoning and use approval; site plan approval; improvement plans; utility coordination; easements; public works agreements; bonding and bond tracking; forestation and traffic impact mitigation; and tracing of all critical development dates (plan/permit expirations, renewals, sunsetting, etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is an upper management level position requiring the supervision of staff and projects including:
- Implement corporate policies, procedure, and organizational structure for the construction department.
- Manage P&L accountability of all projects of various contract amounts including estimating, budgeting, cost tracking, forecasting, and programmatic analysis. Review this items routinely with Regional Partner
- Select and coordinate subcontractors for timely competition of projects within budget
- Tracking all entitlement dates and deadlines
- Ensure a cohesive operational department and manage in-house designer, TI Coordinators, and field staff. Exemplify leadership and provide clear communication, direction, and motivation. Lead objectives, monitor performance, and establish training and development for team members. Foster culture of excellence and timeliness.
- Provide support and close coordination with in-house leasing and property management departments
Strong leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience/skills with a proven track record of success
BS in engineering or a construction related field from a four-year college or university, or a four-year collegiate level degree combined with practical experience in commercial construction and land entitlement. Professional Engineer preferred.
Minimum five years construction and entitlement related management experience
Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills, must possess strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and take initiative in advancing projects through the construction and entitlement process
Strong working skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Powerpoint, etc.)
Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Individual must be able to operate basic office equipment such as a computer, scanner, copier, cellular phone, etc. and posses a drivers license. Work duties will take place on and off premises including office and field settings and includes the requirement to traverse undeveloped terrain containing varying vegetative coverings in all weather conditions
To apply for the above positions:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax your cover letter and resume to: 410-369-1880
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
St. John Properties
2560 Lord Baltimore Drive
Baltimore, MD 21244