Assistant Director of Design - Development, Construction and Property Management
This individual reports to Vice President, Development
The Assistant Director of Design for development, construction and property management supports the efforts of the Director of Design for development, construction and property management who is responsible for in-house design related to site development, building shell and core construction, and property management, with a particular emphasis on the aesthetics of hardscape, landscape and public space design. The position also entails interaction with outside design professionals and contractors for various aspects of site and building related design and construction. This is a design position. The objective of the position is to aid the Director of Design in conceptualizing and developing designs that ensure that the proper levels of aesthetic appeal are established and maintained within the company’s property management portfolio.
Essential duties include:
- In-house design related to landscape, hardscape and public spaces, and interaction with consultants regarding the development of designs relating to site development, building core and shell, and public spaces in particular as the design efforts relate to aesthetics
- Design efforts (both in-house and by consultants) related to ensuring business parks contain proper signage for site identification, way-finding, and St. John Properties, Inc. corporate branding
- Maintenance of in-house standards established to ensure proper installation, upkeep and maintenance of landscape materials
- Aiding in training related to landscape installation and management for key construction and property management personnel (provided on an as-needed basis)
- Aiding ongoing assessment of existing landscape and hardscape areas within the property management portfolio in order to assist property managers in developing immediate and long term improvement plans as may be necessary to maintain aesthetic appeal of the properties
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a design related position which includes some supervision related to the design construction and maintenance of interior and exterior public spaces, landscape, and hardscape features especially in regard to the aesthetics of those designs. Roles and responsibilities include:
- In-house design services related to interior and exterior public spaces, landscape, hardscape, signage, and property management
- Interaction with design consultants responsible for various aspects of building and site design
- Interaction with contractors, in particular relating to the selection and installation of landscape and hardscape materials
- Interaction with contractors responsible for landscape and hardscape maintenance
- Interdepartmental support primarily relating to design, construction and maintenance of site and building amenities in particular relating to establishing and maintaining acceptable aesthetics for the various properties managed by the company
Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture and a minimum of 5 years of design experience, including landscape and hardscape design, interaction with landscape and hardscape suppliers and contractors. Background in Fine Arts including color theory and perspective preferred. Must have well developed design skills, be proficient with CAD software (e.g. AutoDesk, Microstation) and 3D modeling software (e.g. SketchUp, Lumion, Revit), and be a creative thinker with strong problem solving skills. Must be able to operate basic office equipment such as a computer, scanner, copier, cellular telephone, etc. and posses a driver’s license. Work duties will take place on and off premises including office and field settings and includes the requirement to traverse undeveloped terrain containing varying degrees of vegetative cover in all weather conditions.
Abstract all new Leases and amendments, setting up and maintaining Leases in property management software. Compile Lease folders and prepare package for review.
Input daily cash receipts in property management software. Follow standard operating procedure for monthly rent collections including late fees, legal proceedings, evictions, etc.
Generate correspondence to Tenants including notification of monthly payment instructions, special billings, and changes to payments.
Work with Property Managers and Sr. Vice President- Property Management to research and correct outstanding issues related to tenant accounts.
Prepare Tenant account reconciliations as needed.
Notify Property Managers of expiring Leases, and complete final reconciliations, charges to account, and security deposit refunds.
Prepare annual reconciliations of Common Area Maintenance and Real Estate Taxes; process billing adjustments in property management software. Complete additional excel schedules for water/sewer and trash usage as necessary.
Prorate charges when needed and maintain all recurring charges in property management software, including annual CPI adjustments.
Generate other correspondence as required.
Respond to requests for information from Tenants or internal customers.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree required
- 4 – 5 years Lease Administrator experience
- Collections experience
Director of Design
Established Commercial Real Estate Company located in Baltimore, MD is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual to join our Space Planning/Interior Design Department. This candidate will be required to prepare, sign and approve all permit plans that are necessary for construction and permitting purposes. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for meeting with clients to obtain their requirements and develop a space plan based on those requirements, select finishes, coordinate planning and construction processes with all vendors, and coordinate between internal departments. This individual must be organized and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects. Only candidates with Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, minimum 5 years' experience and a license to sign permitting documents will be considered. Salary will be in line with experience.
- AA Degree/Bachelors Degree in Interior Design
- 5+ years of experience
- Good communication skills
To apply for the above positions:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax your cover letter and resume to: 410-369-1880
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
St. John Properties
2560 Lord Baltimore Drive
Baltimore, MD 21244